The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People Book Review- There is just something different to what “highly effective” people do v/s what “normal people” do. We never really give this a thought up until we find ourselves being the little couch potatoes that we are today (I am not an exclusion).
But what is it that the effective, productive, and successful people do, that we don’t?
We know one thing for sure, it is the power of habit that they have developed throughout that has helped them achieve their milestones!
Can we develop the same habits? If yes, how can we develop them? And most importantly, what are those habits? This is exactly what the author, Stephan Covey has discussed in his book “The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People”.
But is this book worth reading? Does it actually tell you the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People? Can it help you to be efficient and effective? Well, you can find this out through two ways-
- either you read the book itself (the obvious way)
- or you can read 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People book review (the short and easy way)!
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People Book Review.
Oh okay! Did you choose to read the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People book review?
Before getting forward with the book review, isn’t it better to get to know about the book? The author, the year this bestselling non-fiction book got released, how many copies has it sold till now?
Get to know it all just by doing one simple thing– SCROLL.
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People Book Review | Book Overview
|The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People|
|Author- Stephen Covey|
|Date of Publish- 15 August 1989|
|Genre- Self-help/ motivation|
|Total Copies sold- 25 million copies|
|Languages Translated- 40 languages worldwide|
|Sales Of Audio version- 1.5 million copies.|
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People Book Review | Author Overview
Stephen Richards Covey, born October 24, 1932, was an American educator, businessman, public speaker, and an exceptional author.
The & Habits Of Highly Effective People is among his most famous books. He has written a lot more in the self-help genre and found himself in the list of 25 most influential people by Time Magazine in the year 1996.
July 16, 2012, was the day Stephen Covey left this world at the age of 79 suffering from past injuries.
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People | Book Overview
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People is one of the bestselling non-fiction business books in history! The book was originally published in the year 1989 on the 15th of August.
The book has been translated into more than 40 languages worldwide, the audiobooks have sold more than 1.5 million copies with the paperback version selling more than 25 million copies and still counting!
What’s so special about this book?
Read the review further to know!
Book Blurb | The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
In the book, The & Habits Of Highly Effective People, the author has presented an integrated and principle-based way to solve the issues that come forth in both, personal and professional life.
With deep views, perspicacity, and stories the author has unfolded an unknown yet so magical path to living a life with fairness, integrity, service, and human dignity. These are the principles that give us the security to adapt to change and the ability and strength to make use of the keys that the change in your habits creates.
The 7 habits mentioned in the book the 7 habits of highly effective people mentioned in the book are-
- Be Proactive
- Being proactive is simply taking the charge of what you have done and what you have not. Take responsibility of your actions and seek to better the situation and look for solutions instead of the problem.
- Begin with the end in mind
- The simplest way to understand this would be- know what your goal is and where you want to reach. Have a vision for your future.
- All things are created twice- first time in our minds, the other time when we actually do it. So we always should know how it is going to turn out in the end.
- First things first
- Priotiries. The book explains to you an amazing matrix called “Importance v/s Urgency”. Let us leave it for you to understand when you read the book.
- Think win-win.
- GO with the option which agrees with both the parties creating a “win-win” situation.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- listen to the person, not just hear it. Use empathetic lisgtening and try to understand the viewpoint of the other party. This creates an atmosphere with positive aura.
- Things are always done faster and quicker in team than in solo. Combine the strengths and energies of everyone through teamword towards a common goal.
- Sharpen the saw, Growth.
- Short-term activeness is an illusion. Look for yourself and your goals for the long term.
What To Learn From The Book?
There were just some key phrases and quotes that I wanted to highlight in the book. But I obviously didn’t because I don’t like mess with my book. But no worries, I’m mentioning them below-
- To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.
- We see the world, not as it is, but as we are- or, as we are conditioned to see it.
- Two people can see the same thing, disagree, and yet both be right. It’s not logical; it’s psychological.
- When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.
- It’s not what happens to us, but our response to what happens to us that hurts us.
If there’s so much to learn from the 7 habits of highly effective people book review, just imagine how much you will learn from the book itself!
What I Liked/ Disliked About The Book?
The book is the epitome of knowledge.
More than the values that it provides, I loved how the 7 habits of highly effective people is a timeless book.
I could be reading this book in 2089 (100 years after its release), and I will still relate to it.
The new age “self-help gurus” keep up coming with the so-called trends. But this book has focused more on what’s actually needed to live a calm life and talked about the development of some basic but long-forgotten habits of honesty and much more.
If I had to make a wrap of this book in a few words, I would say that being “effective” which can also be called being productive, comes to you naturally when you have your vision cleared.
When you are actually indulged and dedicated to what you want to do.
Was there anything that I didn’t like in The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People?
There was nothing really that made me frown. The book is a simple read. The book was slow for me because, well let’s just say I’m still getting a hold on reading the non-fiction books.
It wasn’t the book’s fault.
Star Ratings | The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People Book Review.
The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People is as informative as it could be. Definitely deserves 4/5 stars.
But the words will remain printed in and won’t matter at all if the habits are not enacted.
So get yourself moving and start working on the habits that I just told you in The 7 habits of highly effective people book review!
Should you read The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People? | Book Review
Yes. You should definitely read The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People. Not only it is a book that would make you understand the importance of habit formation, but it may also be a great source for you to find your Ikigai (come on! It is a possibility).
Jokes aside, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey is a must-read for the ones who have always wanted to know the “secrets of success”. The 7 habits mentioned in the book can definitely change your life and life, given you understand it beyond words and also act upon them.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin