Kindle vs. Audible are a never-ending debate. Both kindle and audible are in trend these days, and they have replaced the old and traditional books, which has made people shift their interest and replace their books with apps similar to kindle and audible that provide access to books on different mediums.
Kindle and Audible provide access to different books published worldwide online. I haven’t used any of these apps; however, based on other people’s opinions, research, and experience, I have found some similarities and dissimilarities between them.
While both Kindle Unlimited and Audible are Amazon subscriptions, there are key differences between these two programs. Kindle Unlimited is primarily an e-book service with audiobooks as a bonus. At the same time, Audible is strictly an audiobook service, so comparing them based on e-books is a waste of time.
In this article, you will learn some of the differences between these apps. Apart from that, you will also know how kindle and audible are similar or different if used for audiobooks. What are the benefits of kindle over loud and vice-versa, and what should one prefer? So stay tuned with this article to learn more about them.
Difference Between Kindle and Audible
|Kindle is an e-book service with audiobooks as a bonus.||Audible is strictly an audiobook service.|
|One of the best parts of Kindle Unlimited is that you can borrow audiobooks that are the same Audible narration you would get when purchasing through Audible. It works similarly to the Audible Plus catalog, where you can borrow a book. Still, you don’t get to keep it forever.||A key difference is that you can keep one book a month as yours forever (if you’re on the premium plus plans) with Audible. It means you can build your audiobook library and listen to these books in the future, even after canceling your Audible subscription.|
|The books are only borrowed, which means once the subscription ends, you cannot get access to the same book again.||When you get any audiobook from Audible using the credits, it is yours forever to listen to, even after the end of the subscription.|
How are Kindle and Audible Similar?
Both Kindle Unlimited and Audible are Amazon subscriptions. They both are sources of entertainment and provide knowledge. Kindle Unlimited audiobooks are the Audible narration! That means you use the Audible app to listen to them, and it’s the same audiobook you could also buy for an Audible credit.
However, you don’t need an Audible membership to use this feature of your Kindle Unlimited subscription. They both inspire and motivate us in ways that improve our quality of life. Kindle and audible tell us a story that gives numerous details and information about the story, making them similar.
Kindle Unlimited does not include a full Audible subscription. However, you can still access free Audible audiobooks with your Kindle Unlimited membership.
Pros and Cons of Kindle
Kindle is a subscription service that allows you to read an unlimited number of e-books each month from the Kindle Unlimited library of over one million titles. Kindle Unlimited gives you over 2,000 free audiobooks within these titles.
- There are over one million titles available to read for free.
- There are over 2,000 audiobooks you can borrow for free.
- There are around 5,000 more audiobooks that you can purchase at a discounted rate.
- Kindle Unlimited allows you to read and listen to as many books as you want each month.
- There are no wait lists or due dates.
- One can access Kindle Unlimited e-books and audiobooks from any device at anytime and from anywhere in the world.
- Both e-books and audiobooks are only borrowed. One cannot keep it with themselves forever.
- A large number of the titles available are self-published and/or not very well known.
- One can only borrow 10 titles at a time.
Pros and Cons of Audible
Meanwhile, Audible is an exclusively audiobook-focused service and one of the world’s most extensive audiobook subscription services. It offers an audiobook library containing over 470,000 titles, all available at a discounted rate from what you would pay if you bought the audiobook without a subscription.
- It gives access to 470,000 titles (which you can get at a discounted rate by purchasing or exchanging credits for audiobooks).
- It allows unlimited borrowing of audiobooks through Audible Plus (11,000+ audiobooks).
- It gives access to Daily Deals for amazing audiobook deals.
- There is no wait lists or due dates.
- One can return or exchange audiobooks if you don’t like the ones you choose.
- One can access audiobooks from any device.
- Can share purchased (with credits or money) audiobooks with your Amazon Household.
- Always keep access to the audiobooks you buy (with credits or money) even if you cancel your Audible subscription.
- Access to Plus catalog ends after canceling subscription—Plus books are only borrowed.
- Credits expire when you cancel your membership (so be sure to use them all to get audiobooks before you cancel!).
- Cannot share Audible Plus audiobooks with your Amazon Household.
What Should You Prefer? Kindle Vs Audible
Kindle proves cheaper than audible, but the cost isn’t the only factor you should consider. Instead, you should ask yourself whether you are interested in Audible or Kindle Unlimited solely because of audiobooks or if you enjoy reading e-books.
Considering Kindle Unlimited audiobooks. Audible is a better choice, if you love audiobooks more than e-books! But if you’re interested in e-books more than audiobooks, then Kindle Unlimited could be a good choice.
Conclusions | Kindle Vs Audible
We spoke about the different aspects of Kindle vs. Audible. The entire decision of which one to choose out of these lies in one’s own hands.
They both have pros and cons, and there cannot be a specific answer to what to select from these as the decision is about the perspective one holds on to.
As learning cannot happen by one only, there should be a mixture of both in life as they both are equally entertaining and knowledgeable simultaneously.
Do also checkout the articles mentioned below:
- Audible Premium Plus Vs Audible Plus
- Audible Vs Scribd: Pros & Cons, Membership In 2022
- Kindle Vs. Scribd | Full Comparison
- Book Review: Friends Forever By Shannon Hale And LeUyen Pham
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin